Michael A. Fant, Jr.
601 South Osprey Avenue
Sarasota, Florida 34236
Mike has a wide range of experience in complex litigation matters generally involving substantial amounts in controversy. For the first six years of his career, Mike worked for a major regional law firm in its Birmingham, Alabama office. During that time, Mike gained substantial experience in all phases of litigation from pre-suit work through case resolution. Mike brought that range and depth of experience to Gurley & Fant in 2018.
Mike focuses his practice on construction and surety litigation while continuing to represent clients in general commercial litigation.
arising out of Florida’s Construction Lien Law, state bonding statutes and the Federal Miller Act.
Mike is a double Gator, having graduated with two degrees from the University of Florida. After completing his undergraduate engineering studies in 2009, Mike attended law school and graduated in the top 7% of his class in 2012. Thereafter, Mike and his wife, Meghan moved to Birmingham, Alabama where they lived and worked from 2012 to 2018. Looking to return to Florida and family, Mike, Meghan, and their two daughters moved to Sarasota and joined the Gurley & Fant team in early 2018.
- Surety Law
- Construction Law
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Condominium Law
- Trial Practice
- Association Law
- J.D., University of Florida, May 2012
- Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- B.S. (Industrial and Systems Engineering), University of Florida, May 2009
- Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar, 2012
- The Alabama Bar, 2013
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Eagle Scout, 2000