Clayton C. Cannon
601 South Osprey Avenue
Sarasota, Florida 34236
Clayton was among the first lawyers in Texas to earn the distinction of being certified in construction law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. With over 25 years of experience, Clayton’s construction law practice includes representation of clients in every aspect of the construction industry in both transactional and litigation matters. Clayton regularly drafts and negotiates construction contracts for both owners and contractors. With respect to litigation, Clayton has handled construction claims involving public and private bond disputes, mechanics liens and defect and design allegations
concerning foundations, building envelope systems, HVAC and an array of other construction matters.
Clayton regularly serves as an arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association on a variety of construction disputes. He has also served at the Chair of the Houston Bar Association Construction Law Section. Clayton has also been a presenter at the annual Construction Law Conference of the State Bar of Texas regarding construction arbitrations.
Clayton, originally from Madisonville, Texas, has lived in Houston for 30 years. He is married with two children. He enjoys cooking, wine collecting and Texas A&M University and University of Houston sports.
- Construction Law
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Transportation and Logistics
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1991
- B.B.A., Texas A&M University, 1988
- Construction Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas State Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Best Lawyers© “Lawyer of the Year” in Houston – Construction Litigation, 2016
- Best Lawyers© – Construction, Business Litigation
- Texas Super Lawyer© – Construction, Business Litigation
- AV© Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell